Saturday 10 January 2009

Glass with marbles in graphite

This week's Illustration Friday prompt is Contained.

And here I bet you'd thought I'd lost my marbles. Nope. There they are, right in the wine glass.

This really, really quick (and boy, does that show) doodle was done for two reasons: I realised that it had been ages since I did anything for Illustration Friday, and I also realised that I hadn't even opened my new moleskine sketchbook yet.

Newish. Does a moleskine still count as new if you've had it for a couple of months?

The drawing of the glass is really wonky, but there's an explanation. Well, two. It's a wonky glass in real life, and did I mention that this was a quick sketch? As in, I'm ashamed to admit how few minutes.

Ah well. It's still better than a kick in the pants.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since it was a wine glass, I assume you indulged first! lol! Cool!

Fabián Fucci said...

I will have a moleskine one day, too! Nice sketch. :-D

Daryl Boman said...

Quick sketches are often the best sketches! The honesty of the artist and materials shows through.
And anyone who has a Monty Python reference on their blog is fantastic in my book (Moleskine). :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails