Saturday 1 August 2009

Modified Branch in pen and ink

This week's Illustration Friday prompt is modify. Beavers have to be some of the most insistent modifiers in nature, I figure. They modify forests by removing trees, modify streams by turning them into ponds, and one apparently decided to modify this branch with its teeth.

This was done (well, started) at the front desk of the Nature Centre where I work. It's hot enough outside that hardly anyone is on the trails and that made my afternoon rove a complete washout, so I thought I'd make myself useful and man the counter for a while.

Funny thing is, I'd never noticed until now just how bad the lighting is at our front desk. Bad for doodling, anyway.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wonderfully original, great sketch! x

Indigene said...

Looks like you made do, with the lighting! Great detailing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails