Saturday 24 October 2009

Hold Fast in graphite

This week's Illustration Friday prompt is fast. Fast is just one of those weird words, you know? Like cleave. I've always found it a bit odd that cleave can mean both split up or adhere to. Fast? Could be speedy, could be steady, could be immovable...

Well, you see where my head went. Not sure why, but there it is. And I'm also not sure that this thing would qualify as immovable, but I'd hope it'd be relatively steady.

Oh, and I do know that this is a massively outdated style of anchor. I'm the very definition of a landlubber, though, so when I think anchor this is what I see. And although I'd consider you pretty insane if you used a non-braided natural fibre rope to tie your anchor with nowadays, I think my anchor hitch is reasonably accurate. If I remember any of my knots anymore...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails