Saturday 4 September 2010

Pie in pen and ink

This week's Illustration Friday prompt is dessert (which, by the way, I've checked multiple times to make sure isn't desert...). Quick lunchtime doodle in the sketchbook this time because I'm not sure if I'll have time to get anything else done.

Um, for anyone who read this post from last week's prompt: yes, the lack of time thing means that things in general are moving again. Slowly but surely, but at this point I'm not about to argue with any sort of movement.

Anyway. Those curious as to exactly what kind of pie had me doodling can click on the photo. And since the fruit mentioned is sort of a regional thing, anyone interested in more information can find a bit here and here.

2 comments:

Nancy Bea Miller said...

I like your sketchbook! Is Saskatoon Pie similar to Blueberry pie?

deeol said...

A bit. It's what it's most often compared to, but saskatoon is... a little lighter? No, that's not quite it. Hard to describe, I guess. Another difference is that we always used wild saskatoons rather than cultivated ones (they're pretty hard to find), so you got the more intense flavour that wild fruits usually have.

Related Posts with Thumbnails