Sunday 9 January 2011

Weird things I do sometimes

Sorry, but I couldn't resist stealing the post title from the title of today's post on my other blog. I was talking about weird things I do sometimes (bet you got that without my mentioning it, though), and sketching my sketchbook seemed to fit right in.

Yep, sketching my sketchbook. Not sketching in my sketchbook. This is really a quick sketch of my sketchbook.

This week's Illustration Friday prompt is déjà vu,and rather than take the route of posting something I'd already posted before I thought I'd try posting a different version of something I'd posted before.

The original (of which this is an extremely loose interpretation, really. I guess I'm not in the mood for detail work) was a split-open tree done in pen and ink. Fine pen. Whose work has just bashed to death in soft pencil...

Ah well. The original prompt was cracked, if I remember right, and it was from when I'd only been doing IF for a few weeks. I'm surprised I've kept at it this long, actually. That's not usually like me. I guess that something about the whole idea just hit a nerve or something.

It just occurred to me that I could have posted any sort of branching pattern for the current prompt. They come back over and over again enough in my life that it would be weird if they didn't occasionally give me a sense of déjà vu.

Doubly appropriate then, I suppose.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails